I keep seeing recipes for Protein Pancakes popping up all over the blog world. Somewhere along the line, I saw Greek yogurt pancakes too. Of course because I do so much link clicking, I don’t think I could possibly find where I saw the Greek yogurt recipe but I vaguely remembered the ingredients & decided to try it on my own.
They look a little funky but they taste great, I promise.
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
makes 2 large pancakes, or 4 small
6 oz. Greek yogurt of your choice (I used Strawberry Chobani)
1/4 cup milled flax seed
1/4 whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp almond milk
1. Combine yogurt & egg in a medium bowl until smooth.
2. Add flax, flour, baking soda, & vanilla; stir until combined.
3. If batter seems to thick, add almond milk, a few teaspoons at a time, until it reaches desired consistency.
4. Pour batter onto pre-heated pan sprayed with cooking spray. The batter will “grow” so start small.
5. Cook thoroughly on both sides & enjoy!
Truthfully, these pancakes almost taste a bit like a mix between pancakes & French toast. The egg flavor, while not overwhelming, is definitely there.
Trish tested, Fielder approved.