On Friday, I mentioned that we have had a plethora of zucchini to use up so I did some baking. I guess it wasn’t very fair of me to post a photo of the goods without including a recipe. So here we are.
This was my second go ’round with this recipe idea and I think I got it right this time.
There’s a lot of texture going on here, but not too much.
The perfect mix of dense and moist, salty and sweet.
Pineapple Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare desired pans. Two large or three smaller.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, beat eggs on medium for one minute. Add sugars and beat for one more minute.
4. Add oil, applesauce, and vanilla; beat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
5. In three batches, stir dry ingredients into wet. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Divide batter equally into prepared pans.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in pans for at least 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Oh yeah, that buttery looking stuff? It’s one stick of butter, one package of cream cheese, a few sprinkles of cinnamon, a few sprinkles of nutmeg, and a few splashes of pineapple juice. That’s all. But it’s dang good!